How to setup RadioDJ with your broadcasting server
Platform: Windows only
Server type: Needs an external encoder
Download page: http://www.radiodj.ro/download
Sections in this article:
Radio DJ is a free radio automation program. In 2013, the software emerged first among other broadcasting programs in a contest run by Broadcasting World.
What We Love About Radio DJ
With RadioDJ, you get all the features of a commercial broadcasting software for free. Some include:
- Multilingual support
- Voice tracking
- Silence detection
- Event Scheduler
- Audio Processor
- Shoutcast & HTTP stream relaying for metadata
- Creating, saving, or loading. m3u playlists
- For more features
RadioDJ requires a database to store information about the playlists, music tracks events and more. You can either use MySQL or Maria DB for this purpose.
We recommend Maria DB because it is straightforward to install.
- Download the setup file.
- Open the downloaded file to run the setup wizard.
- For the User settings, choose a password you can remember or note it down.
- In the Database settings, ensure you check Install as service.
- Proceed with the rest of the installation.
- Click Finish to exit the setup wizard.
Please note that the latest versions of RadioDJ (v2.X.X) do not support the Altacast plugin. You will need to use a standalone encoder like BUTT.
- Download the latest version of RadioDJ.
- Open the downloaded setup file.
- Set the installation folder as the "C" partition. (eg. C:\RadioDJV2).
- Click Finish to open the Database Setup Utility.
You will only need to change the MySQL Password.
- Input your root password in the MSQL Password field.
- Click VALIDATE DETAILS.
- You get an ERROR, though this is normal. But you see that the MySQL server is online as shown below:
Since radiodj2 does not exist, we need to install it:
- Click INSTALL DATABASE.
- And OK to exit.
To start using RadioDJ, you need to import music:
- Click TRACKS MANAGER.
- Click the folder icon.
- Choose your music folder and click OK > Import Directory.
- You should see your music files in the Search tab on your right.
- Click any music track to load it to the playlist on your left.
- Enable AUTODJ and click the Play button.