This tutorial walks you through the steps of creating your first radio server at Services CloudRadio. It will assist you in filling out your profile, selecting the server type, choosing the server location and its size.
- You will need a CloudRadio account, which we invite you to create from the registration page.
Sections in this article:
- Log into your CloudRadio console with your email and password.
- In the top right corner, click Create > Radio.
- Name your radio.
- The description is for your reference only.
- You can enter more than one Genre, separated by a comma.
- For the Logo, submit a square image with a resolution of at least 100 pixels by 100 pixels.
- Set a Public URL which will be used to share assets like the HTML5 with your listeners.
If you want your radio to be hosted on our server, choose the Hosted option. We will provide the bandwidth and all the features we have to offer.
If you have a radio server but wish to benefit from some of our features like the HTML5 player and radio monitoring, choose External hosting. Skip step 4 to 6.
- Choose a server type.
- We recommend Shoutcast 2, but you can read our article SHOUTcast, Icecast or Steamcast for more information.
For the optimum performance, choose a datacenter closest to your studio. If you plan on using an Auto DJ, choose a server region nearest to the majority of your listeners.
- Set a size for your radio by choosing the number of slots you need.
- You can set any value from 10 slots to 1000 slots.
- In the Price section, you will see the corresponding hourly and monthly price.
Slots indicate the number of listeners who can connect to your stream simultaneously.
- Once you are all set, click Create.
Congratulations! You have created your first radio server. Next, configure it with your source or Auto DJ.
By adding an external non-hosted radio, you will access several features for free. We give you access to our HTML5 player and widget to display your stream information on your website.
We also provide basic statistics for the last 30 days and free radio monitoring.
IP: Input the IP or hostname of your server.
Port: Radio server port number. (ex: 8000).
DJ and Admin password are required for all features to work correctly.
Mount Point (Stream ID): This is set on your server. The default for SHOUTcast 2 is SID1, and for Icecast /live.
Click Create to finish.
You have now added your station. Start using our free features from your console at CloudRad.io.